Admin on the Git Server
- What the Git Admin should do to add a new Project?
- If the User(s) computer is not Authenticated:
- Save the received SSH public key file(s) to a temporary directory.
- Suppose, if you have received it from firstname.lastname@example.org. save it as /tmp/id_rsa.jshankar.pub
- Append the SSH public Key to the /home/gituser/.ssh/authorized_keys file
$ cat /tmp/id_rsa.jshankar.pub >> /home/gituser/.ssh/authorized_keys
- Create a bare repository of a project and set appropriate permissions
$ cd /opt/gitrepo
$ mkdir my_project.git
$ cd my_project.git
$ git --bare init
Initialized empty Git repository in /opt/gitrepo/my_project.git/
$ chgrp -R gitgrup /opt/gitrepo
$ chmod -R "g+wxr" /opt/gitrepo
- Inform the User to create a project of the same name (my_project)