Git - Vocabulary
- Allows examination of changes before committing locally, but only on files that would have conflicts. Similar to cvs synchronize or update.
- Get the full repository, similar to cvs replace
- Similar to check in, but of whole branch, pushes branch to final destination
- Useful for rolling back to a branch, tag or commit comment Similar to pulling an old version to commit it.
- Current branch (a change from what most of us are used to).
- The commit that you are working on : HEAD^, HEAD^^, HEAD~3 = HEAD^^^, HEAD^1, HEAD^2
- Same as CVS HEAD this is the main branch
- Create a copy of a repository stored locally or elsewhere. (similar to initial check out in CVS)
- Create a 'changeset' or 'revision', similar to cvs commit, but NOT to the central repository.
- Your local repo and remote repos
- Reference in history
- Either commit or merge
- “master” is the default branch name. Do not give name such as test1, test2... but test_login, rel_iteration1
- A friendly name for a commit (version 1.0 vs e74g64a21...)