MediaWiki Adding an Article to a Category
Adding an Article to a Category
- Anywhere in the article text, add a Category tag:
- [[Category:Name Of the Category]]
- If the Category doesn’t exist, it’s created automatically.
- To place an article into a category, edit the article, not the category page.
- Suppose you want to start a new category, Carnivores, and add the Dog article to it. Simply pretend the category exists and add this tag to Dog article:
- [[Category:Carnivores]] and save the article.