CCoding Style - Comments2
- Students are taught that it’s important to comment everything.
- Professional programmers are often required to comment all their code.
- But the purpose of commenting can be lost in blindly following the rules.
- Comments are meant to help a reader understand parts of the program that are not readily understood from the code itself.
- Comments are supposed to help readers over the hard parts, not create obstacles.
- As much as possible, write code that is easy to understand; the better you do this, the fewer comments you need.
- Good code needs fewer comments than bad code.