Create a variable at workspace level
Revision as of 06:20, 19 January 2017 by Jshankar
To create a variable at workspace level in CCS 6.1.x:
- Go to menu Window->Preferences->Code Composer Studio->Build->Variables
- Here you can view, add or edit variables for the workspace
- Use the "Add" button to create a new variable
This screenshot shows an example of setting a new variable called TIVAWARE_LOC.
Once this variable is created, all projects in that workspace will have that variable set as both a Path variable and a Build variable.
To confirm the variable is set:
- Select any one of the projects in the workspace
- Right-click and go to Properties->Resource->Linked Resources
- Observe that the variable we set earlier is shown here
- Right-click and go to Properties->Build->Variables tab, and check the box to "Show system variables"
- Observe that the variable we set earlier is shown here as well
So in summary, if you create a variable at Window->Preferences->Code Composer Studio->Build->Variables, the variable can be used both when linking source files as well as when specifying paths in compiler/linker options.
However, if you create a Build variable at workspace level (from menu Window->Preferences->C/C++->Build->Build Variables) or project level (Properties->Build->Variables tab), it cannot be used as a path variable when linking source files. So the more convenient method would be to create variables from the Window->Preferences menu.