Install Code Composer Studio v6 Ubuntu
Revision as of 11:23, 14 October 2016 by Jshankar
Starting with this version of new CCSv6.2.0, the application is natively 64-bit and only requires one 32-bit library installed.
From a terminal prompt, issue the following command to install it:
host@user$sudo apt-get update host@user$sudo apt-get install libc6:i386
This is due to the fact Linux 64-bit versions of the TI compilers were not yet ready.
There are two types of installers:
► Web installers will allow you to perform an install using an installer controlled download process that will only download needed software components. An internet connection is mandatory at install time. Obtain it from your instructor or Download it from here
► Off-line installers are a large archive (about 730MB). When you run it you can select the components to be installed. No internet connection is required at install time. The executable can be used for installing multiple local systems. Obtain the it from your instructor or Download it from here
► Simply save the file and untar.
host@user:~/Downloads$tar xvf CCS6.2.0.00050_web_linux-x64.tar.gz
If you download the Web Installer
host@user:~/Downloads$tar xvf CCS6.2.0.00050_linux-x64.tar.gz
If you download the Off-line installer.
► Launch the ccs_setup_linux64_6.2.0.00050.bin file in the folder created when you unzipped the download. This will start the CCS6 install wizard.
Just in case, in order to be secure, just avoid any web-surfing or torrent or any other internet communication in the meantime.
- Accept the Software License Agreement and click Next.
- Unless you have a specific reason to install CCS in another location, accept the default installation folder and click Next. If you have another version of CCS and you want to keep it, we recommend that you install this version into a different folder.
- In the next dialog, select the processors that your CCS installation will support. Place a checkmark under "32-Bit ARM MCUs" for:
- Stellaris Device Support
- Tiva C Series Support
- TI ARM Compiler
- GCC ARM Compiler --> click Next
- Please Note the Unsupported boards, click Next
- In the Select Debug Probes, leave everything as default and click Next
If everything looks good, click Finish to start your install!
Note: If you have an issue with the web installer not being able to connect to the internet then please try the off-line installer.
Please have patience as It takes some time to do all the work. When the installation is complete, check the “Create Desktop shortcut” checkbox and then click Finish button.