Using GCC with Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad in CCSv6
Revision as of 07:05, 24 August 2016 by Jshankar
Code Composer Studio v6 includes a Linaro distribution of the ARM GNU compiler, so programmers have the option of using this GCC Compiler instead of the TI compiler to build their projects. This page describes how to select and use the GCC compiler to build projects for TivaC devices.
There are two types of installers:
- Web installers will allow you to perform an install using an installer controlled download process that will only download needed software components. An internet connection is mandatory at install time.
- Off-line installers are a large archive (about 730MB). When you run it you can select the components to be installed. No internet connection is required at install time. The executable can be used for installing multiple local systems.
|| Web installer
|| Off-line installer|
|| Download Code Composer Studio (Web installer)
||Download Code Composer Studio (Off-line installer)|
- Simply save the file. If you download the Web Installer, simply run the executable installer file. If you download the Off-line installer, unzip it and run the the executable. This will start the CCS install wizard.
- Read and accept the License Agreement.
- Select your CCS install folder (Default is C:/ti) --> click Next
- Select "Custom" for your setup preference --> click Next
- Place a checkmark next to "MSP430 Low Power MCUs". --> click Next
- In the Select Components section, leave everything as default and click Next
- In the Select Emulators section, leave everything as default and click Next
- Review your Install Options. If everything looks good, click next to start your install!
Note: If you have an issue with the web installer not being able to connect to the internet then please try the off-line installer.